Innovative Solutions HILL & SMITH HOLDINGS PLC is an international group with leading positions in the design, manufacture and supply of infrastructure products and galvanizing services to global markets.
The Group's operations are organised into three divisions:
- Infrastructure Products Group, focused on the roads, rail, utilities and security markets supplying products and services such as permanent and temporary road safety barriers, street lighting columns, bridge parapets, temporary car parks, “GRP” railway platforms, variable road messaging solutions, traffic data collection systems, plastic drainage pipes and pipe supports for the power and LNG markets.
- Building and Construction Products, supplying products such as roofing systems, safety handrails and flooring, lintels and doors in steel and, increasingly, composite materials, all with a range of uses including large infrastructure projects involving schools and other public buildings.
- Galvanizing Services, provide services from a network of 26 galvanizing operations in the UK, France and USA, which provides galvanizing for a wide range of products including fencing, lighting columns, structural steel work, bridges, agricultural and other products for the infrastructure and construction sectors.
HILL & SMITH Facts
- 3,200 employees at the end of 2009
- 54 sites principally in 5 countries
- Expected 37% of revenues and 52% of profits coming from international operations in 2009
- 148 kilometers (107 miles) of temporary barriers in service (25 kilometers purchased in the year)
- Manufacture the largest plastic pipe in the world (3.5m diameter)